About Sean Johnson
You don't have to choose between a successful career or a joyful life. I can help you win at both.
I'm a partner at Manifold, which both advises enterprise organizations on growth and innovation, and invests in early stage startups. A few highlights:
- Clients have included The Chicago Bulls, NBC Universal, USA Networks, KPMG, Kindred Healthcare, US Cellular and more.
- Twice named to the Inc 500 list of fastest growing small businesses in the US.
- Over $40M raised for startup investments.
- Multiple startup exits.
For the last 8 years, I've taught digital marketing in the innovation and entrepreneurship department at Northwestern’s Kellogg School of Management.
But my real passion is helping people build intentional lives.
The world is full of people outwardly successful but inwardly struggling. They struggle to find balance. To connect with people they care about. To put the same energy they give to their professions toward their health, their finances, their spirituality and their relationships.
It doesn't have to be that way. You can be wildly successful professionally and have a life you're proud of.
But it doesn't happen on its own. It takes work. It takes the right habits. It takes the right mindset.
This site is about helping you build an intentional life.
But I need help with my business. Do you do that?
Of course. With a unique combination of product strategy, user experience, and marketing expertise, I can help you figure out what to build, how to build it and how to get people to care.
I help organizations in multiple ways:
- You have an idea, but you don’t know if anyone actually wants it.
- You need a product built that customers will love and tell their friends about.
- You need to get traction for a product you’ve launched.
- You’re looking to motivate your team to be more proactice and take their careers into their own hands.
If you or your company is interested in building or growing a new web or mobile company, or if you’re interested in talking about how to take your career to the next level, I’d love to talk. To contact me, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow me on Twitter.
Presentations and Interviews
I speak all over the country on innovation and growth, and I occasionally write for Forbes, Inc, Mashable and more. If you'd like to discuss a speaking engagement or podcast interview, you can email me at email@example.com.
- Interview on WGN’s Technori Live
- Growth Hacker TV interview
- Presentation to University of Chicago
- Wish I Knew Podcast
- Chicago Digital Summit Presentation on Why Marketers Need to Own the Entire Customer Journey
- Workshop: How to make Google Slides that don't make your eyes bleed.
- Workshop: How to get a mind like water using Things and GTD.